Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A classic invitation with hand deckled edges

A while back, I had blogged about some gorgeous envelope liners, and I thought that I would share the invitations that went along with those liners. The invitation suite was a very classic style with some beautiful details. I used ivory cardstock and envelopes, and lined the main invitation, accommodations card, and directions card with a shimmery metallic brown cardstock. For the main invitation, an elegant double knot was added to the side in scarlet ribbon, and the edges of the invitation were hand deckled to give it an antique feel. The three intial monogram was used on both the response card and the accommodations card to tie everything together, and the envelope liners were created using luxurious paper from Paper Source called Lokta Baroque Flower Bordeaux.


With Pink Orchid Designs, any client has the option of letting us handle the addressing and mailing of invitations. So with these invitations, I also took care of printing individual guest addresses, picking out postage, and mailing them out. Since some invitations were international, I had some fun picking out colorful stamps. Don't you just love the fruit stamps?

If you are looking for your own custom wedding invitations, please contact me at info@pinkorchiddesigns.com!

~Emilie

No comments: