Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A thank you card with a blue flower

Whenever someone does something nice for you, what do you do in return? Maybe it depends on what was done? Whether it was opening a car door for you, or picking the 20 prettiest flowers for you in a desert that only has one flower per five mile radius, the reactions purely depend on the person who is receiving the act of kindness. Some people would say or do nothing, and think that they don't need to because the person already knows that they appreciate their kindness. Others would maybe take it to another level and treat the person to cupcakes or dinner.

I have always been one to say "thank you". A few months ago, my husband and I stopped for ice cream in the town of Lexington, and after parking, we realized that we didn't have any quarters on hand for the meter, but tons of dimes and nickels. For a meter that only takes quarters, all of the change in the world wouldn't help. Then, there was a guy who was getting into the car behind us, who gave us a quarter and wished us a good afternoon. I said "thank you so much!" and offered to give him change, but he refused to take it. Just think, $.25 from a stranger made our day, and it's still fresh in my mind after a few months!

So, what's the point of these stories? Well, a personalize thank you card, of course! My brother-in-law did me a favor a couple of weeks ago by purchasing something that I couldn't get in Boston, and shipped it to me the next day. Instead of just mailing him a reimbursement check, I thought it would be nice include a personalized thank you card. I really like this card in particular, because if you go to your local card shop to try and find a thank you card for your brother-in-law, you probably won't be able to find one. I decided to draw a small blue flower, with accents and lettering in blue, gray, and orange. The card was made of a pearlescent white metallic cardstock and the flower was hand-glittered to add some sparkle and texture.

I always like to include some part of the design element on the back of the card around the Pink Orchid Designs logo. It makes the back a bit more interesting and ties the card together. Jake emailed me as soon as he received it with "My own custom card! Excellent!!!" and after that, I knew it was a great way to thank him. If you are interested in your own custom card, contact me at info@pinkorchiddesigns.com.

~Emilie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your work always looks amazing! :)